CLC plans and kits enable you to build a beautiful and inexpensive boat that will outperform far more expensive fibreglass, plastic, and Kevlar boats. Even first-time woodworker/boat builders have built fine boats from CLC kits. Apples to apples - the CLC kit is "more complete" than other comparable boat kits. Know what you are getting, before you buy. Here's what CLC kits include:
- Hull panels machined on our state-of-the-art CNC cutter. Panels are made from BS 10.88 Okume mahogany plywood.
- Complete CLC epoxy kits with calibrated dispensing pumps (no messy measuring cups) and wood flour and silica thickeners.
- All the fibreglass cloth and tape you'll need.
- All the solid wood parts required, including sheer clamps, deck beams, trim, and, on selected models, Rubrails.
- Top quality silicon bronze and stainless steel hardware.
- All scarf joints are pre-cut.
- Full-width deck panels: our decks are cambered (curved), not made up of small flat sections.
- One-piece coaming rings.
- Deck rigging, seats, back band, foam padding, and hip braces come with all sea kayaks.
- An illustrated assembly manual, a full set of plans, and our new technical publication, Stitch & Glue Construction: Building Boats the CLC Way.
- Free technical support just a phone call (or e-mail) away.
in a typical kit
West River 18 parts list
1 forward deck panel (pre-scarfed)
1 aft deck panel
1 bow "tip" deck panel (pre-scarfed)
2 blocks for deck joints
6 hull panels labelled "#1" (pre-scarfed)
6 hull panels labelled "#2"(pre-scarfed)
6 hull panels labelled "#3"(pre-scarfed)
6 hull panels labelled "#4"(pre-scarfed)
4 sheer clamp sections (1 scarf)
2 sheer clamp sections (2 scarfs)
1 coaming ring
4 coaming spacers
1 laminated deck beam
2 wooden thigh braces
2 hatch cover panels
5 hatch frames
3 hatch cut-out stiffeners
mini-cell foam seat base
mini-cell foam seat
Rapid Pulse padded back band
seat hardware kit:
3 ft. bungie
2 bungie clamps
2 #8 x 3/4" wood screws
2 #10 x 3/4" panhead
2 # 8 brass finish washers
4 ft. flat nylon webbing
200' 18 g. copper wire
bronze ring nails
18 10x1" bronze wood screws
18 #10 brass finish washers
two 8 x 1-1/2" bronze wood screws
20 ft. bungie cord
4 ft. Flat nylon webbing
fibreglass cloth - 6oz 38"
6 Mtrs for inside hull
6 Mtrs for outside hull
Glass for deck ($10 option)
6 side release (fastex) hatch buckles
12 #10 x 1" wood screws and finish washers
Roll foam hatch gasket tape
18 ft. nylon hatch cover webbing
CLC epoxy Kit for a West River 18:
9.6Lt WEST Resin & Hardener
4Lt Microfibres (gluing)
1Kg 50 micron Woodflour
Calibrated dispensing pumps
WEST System Manual
Large-scale plans (5 sheets)
Illustrated assembly manual
Illustrated Stitch & Glue boatbuilding manual.
Our plan sets are drawn for first-time boatbuilders who've had a bit of general woodworking experience. They are clear and easy to follow. We want our boats to be properly built; our reputation depends on it. Our plan sets include:
- Patterns or fully-dimensioned drawings for every part.
- Three to six professionally drawn 24" x 36" plan sheets.
- Comprehensive and well-illustrated instruction manuals that guide you step-by-step through building your boat. One is Stitch & Glue Construction and the other is the assembly manual for your particular boat.
- Rudder installation instructions.
- Hatch and bulkhead instructions.
- Technical support — if you need help, just call.
- A complete bill of materials and tool list. You can buy materials directly from us our prices are among the lowest around.